[PARPORT] parport detecting card several times at boot?

From: Mladen Nikitovic (mladen.nikitovic@mdh.se)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 04:55:54 EST

    Hi,

    I have a problem with parport when booting Slackware linux (kernel
    2..216).
    The thing is that the system already has a parallel port (ISA) that only
    handles PS2 and AT modes.
    So, bought a PCI card that can handle ECP and EPP modes (which I
    need) and now I'm trying to
    make it work. I began by turning the ISA card off in BIOS.

    As I said earlier, the problem arises when booting the system. Here is a
    part of dmesg:

    First, parport correctly identifies my PCI card and the modes associated
    with it:

    dmesg : parport0: PC-style at 0xdcd8 (0xdcc8) [SPP,ECP,ECPEPP,ECPPS2]

    Then, the problem begins. Parport identifies it again (in the same boot
    sequence) but this
    time with only SPP and PS2 capability!

    dmesg : parport0: PC-style at 0xdcd8 [SPP,PS2]

    So, when I'm trying to use the card, it only shows SPP and PS2
    capability although it should be
    to run in EPP mode.

    Can anyone explain this?

    Best regards,