Re: [PARPORT] pinout for cable ide <-> par. port

From: Erik Inge Bolsų (knan@mo.himolde.no)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 12:13:20 EST

    On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Thomas Speck wrote:
    >If my question is FAQ, please just point me to some site ...
    >
    >In linux/Documentation/paride.txt it is written that inside a parallel
    >port CD-ROM there only is some adapter between ide and parallel
    >port. Would someone have the pinout for such an adapter ? I would like to
    >connect my (internal) IDE-CDROM to the parallel port of my laptop.

    There is logic involved, not just a cable converter.

    http://www.shuttletech.com/ makes the appropriate single-chip logic, and
    with quite a bit of soldering you should be able to make a little
    something out of it, if you're good at that sort of thing.

    But I suspect that the simplest thing is going to http://www.h45.com/ and
    buying a QuickDrive or QuickCD enclosure. They aren't too expensive.

    --
    Erik I. Bolsų | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
    The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to