Re: [PARPORT] cdrecord 1.10 (write error - loss of streaming) problem

From: schilling@fokus.gmd.de
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 05:57:02 EST

    >From zoerg@zworg.com Fri Mar 2 19:28:59 2001

    >I made another attempt at a dummy write awhile ago and it seemed like it
    >was going to work until it tried to fix the disc at the end. Since it
    >was writing dummy it hung the machine. After a complete reboot I did
    >another dummy run with the 'nofix' switch and it completed normally!
    >Since that I have done a burn to a rw disc and it too completed
    >normally! The only problem is I don't know how to mount the cdrw now to
    >read from it. Since the system thinks its a scsi device I tried mounting
    >/dev/scd0 but that is now my regular cdrom device. Since I'm a little
    >green with linux can someone tell me how to see what the cdrw is
    >assigned to?

    I just added a line to README.parallel:

    5.) Check for optimum delay using for maximum speed using cdrecord -dummy

    6.) Use the file rc.pp and modify for your needs

    7.) Your CD drive now appears as /dev/pcd?

    Jörg

           js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni) If you don't have iso-8859-1
           schilling@fokus.gmd.de (work) chars I am J"org Schilling