Re: [PARPORT] About SnapScan 310 EPP

From: Justin Young (justiny@newsguy.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 13:24:58 EST

    Hi, Oscar.

    This is the wrong list for such a question. You should try the SANE list at
    http://www.mostang.com/sane/.

    That being said, w/ Linux Mandrake you need to load the parallel port scsi
    driver. It's included w/ Mandrake 7.2. You need to add "/sbin/insmod
    ppscsi" to your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file. This will allow your parallel
    scanner to be supported by Linux. Now, go to http://www.mostang.com/sane
    and verify that your scanner is indeed supported. This is how I got my
    Microtek ScanMaker V310P to work.

    Hopefully, this helps. If it doesn't. Sorry.