Re: [PARPORT] I/O hang with epat in kernel 2.4

From: Stephen Mollett (molletts@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 10:13:27 EDT

    > I don't suppose you could have a go at figuring
    > out which -ac patch fixed it?

    I've investigated various -ac patches. I think I must just have been lucky
    with -ac10 before, as when I tried it last, it broke almost immediately. I've
    determined that the problem was present right through to -ac19, with varying
    levels of severity (earlier ones would just hang the offending process; later
    versions tended to stall the box completely). -ac20 has survived extensive
    stress-testing (even mkreiserfs works, which sometimes caused an oops on
    earlier versions) and I am pretty confident that the solution to the problem
    actually crept in at -ac20.

    Stephen