Re: [PARPORT] Example Code

From: Philip Blundell (philb@gnu.org)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 11:07:31 EST

    >Using PPWDATA works fine. What I'm trying to do is to speed up data
    >transfer. So, I really want to blast out data by using write().

    Yeah, this seems reasonable. Although the usual creed we preach is that if
    you want high performance you need to write your own driver rather than using
    ppdev, it's hard to object to such a simple change. The only bit I'm not keen
    on is actually using write() as the mechanism; I'd prefer to invent
    "ioctl(PPSPEW)" or something, so that the core parport code doesn't have
    to change.

    p.