Re: [PARPORT] Freecom CD/RW problems

From: Gene Heskett (gene_heskett@iolinc.net)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 20:52:59 EDT

    Gene Heskett sends Greetings to Richard Polton;

    >Hi,

    >I tried 2.4.2-ac28 and met with the same results 8-( I have been unable to
    >compile
    >2.4.3 due to an undefined symbol in one of the modules so that is the limit
    >of my testing to date.

    Although I'm not using anything ATM that requires this parport stuff,
    my scanner driver being self-contained, I'd suggest the compiler may be
    the problem rather than the undefined symbol.

    Along about 2.96-75, it started to build good code again, and its been
    sitting at 2.96-79 for about 2 weeks now, building good code for every
     -acxx kernel from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3.

    The latest, -79, is on rawhide the last time I looked yesterday.

    >Thanks,

    >Richard

    >Tim Waugh wrote:

    >> On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 08:11:24AM +0100, Richard Polton wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have tried with 2.4.2-ac9 and the behaviour is the same. I am attaching
    >> > the
    >>
    >> Okay. Other people have been saying that ac10 is known to work, but
    >> it might be a different problem that you're seeing.
    >>
    >> If you could try out a more recent 2.4.2-ac kernel than that I would
    >> be grateful. I think 2.4.2-ac28 is the last one.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Tim.
    >> */

    Cheers, Gene

    --
      Gene Heskett, CET, UHK       |Amiga A2k Zeus040, Linux @ 500mhz
    	email gene underscore heskett at iolinc dot net