Re: [PARPORT] Scanner+CUPS

From: Jonathan Buzzard (jonathan@buzzard.org.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 18:12:54 EDT

    b_cochofel@yahoo.com said:
    > Ok, here I am again... I still cannot install my HP Scanjet 5200C with
    > CUPS, on Mandrake 7.2. I own a HP Deskjet 710C, they are both
    > connected with the parallel interface. I know that my scanner as USB,
    > but i don't know how to install it with sane. Please, I need to know
    > how to solve the problem, is there any way to install my deskjet
    > without CUPS? I really need help...

    Use a >2.2.18 or 2.4.x kernel with all the USB stuff. There is even
    documentation on getting it to work with the kernel. Using this scanner
    with a parallel port if you have the option of going USB is very dumb.

    JAB.

    --
    Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
    Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195