[PARPORT] HP7500e external cdwriter

From: Guy Forssman (guy.forssman@advalvas.be)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 09:41:13 EDT

    Hi there,

    I'm rather new and looked at the parallel port ATAPi cd-r information page
    and the Linux and parallel port IDE devices pages.
     In redhat 7.1 they use Cdecord 1.9 and Xcdroast 98 all rather new but I cant
    seem to find the pg drive
    I did insmod ide-scsi
            insmod paride
            insmod epat
            insmod pg

    this is wat dmesg says

    parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP, TRISTATE, EPP]
    parport0: cpp_mux: aa55f00f52ad51 (86)
    parport0: Found 4 daisy-chained devices
    lp0: using parport0 (polling)
    SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
    scsi0: SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
       Vendor: MATSHITA Model: DVD-ROM SR8171 Rev:059d
        Type: CDROM ANSI SCSI
    revision 02
    paride: version 1.05 installed
    paride: epat registered as protocol 0
    pg: pg version 1.02, major 97
    pg0: Sharing parport0 at 0x378
    pg0: epat 1.01, Shuttle EPAT chip c6 at 0x378, mode 5 (EPP-32), delay 1
    pg0: HP CD-Writer+ 7500, slave

    I have several questions first of all how do I get the modules loaded at boot
    so I don't have to do the insmod's all the time.
    Second xcdroast doesn't find my cdwriter why is that and how do I work around
    Thanks in advance

    Guy Forssman