Re: [PARPORT] parport zip drive in RH7.1

From: Jeff Kopmanis (kopmanis@eecs.umich.edu)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 11:09:59 EDT

    > Take out any lines that start 'options parport_pc'.

    None in there. See the attached /etc/modules.conf

    > What does 'dmesg' say?

    I attached a copy of the listing, after doing the following:

    modprobe parport
    modprobe imm

    I also attached the file containing the messages I got at the command line
    with the imm modprobe call. And, I included a listing of modules
    currently loaded. Hope this helps.

    dmesg seems to be saying it can't find devices, which does point towards
    configuration issues. I'm probably looking at the solution and its not
    yet bonked me over the head.

    > What ZIP 100? If you have a ZIP 100, then you want the ppa driver.
    > Please clarify what hardware you are actually trying to use.

    I have a Zip250 external parallel drive. I was only bemoaning the ease of
    which I got the Zip100 to work, and how much trouble this thing is. Sorry
    for the confusion.

    And if I haven't said it, I *REALLY* appreciate your help. I don't ask
    for it until I've stumped myself, so you're really helping me out of a
    bind.

    -Jeff. :)

    ------- University of Michigan Artificial Intelligence Lab -------
    Jeff Kopmanis, Sr. Sys Analyst, 1101 Beal Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2110
    Office: 734-763-9352 http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/kopmanis
    Soul Kitchen Rhythm & Blues: http://spring.eecs.umich.edu/sk
    Monroe Big Band: http://spring.eecs.umich.edu/mbb