[PARPORT] HP COLORADO 8GBe problems

From: Russel Ingram (ringram@gargoylecc.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 02:14:51 EDT

    I've searched the archives for the past several days and found lots of
    evidence that my parallel port HP Colorado 8GBe tape drive should work
    with the pt driver. I haven't been able to find a couple of specifics tho
    and haven't been able to make the drive complete a dump. I'm trying to
    backup an XFS filesystem with xfsdump that should be well under even the
    uncompressed capacity of the TR-4 tapes this thing takes but it keeps
    trying to forward past the end of the tape and gives up with these
    messages in the syslogs:

    pt: HP COLORADO 8GBe, master, blocksize 512, 3954 MB
    pt: write DSC timeout
    pt: write filemark stat=0x41 err=0x0
    pt: Sense key: 3, ASC: 52, ASQ: 0

    Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I understand that the blocksize
    would best be set at 16k, but I can't see any information on how to set
    that. I also see that the parallel port delay should be set to 0, but I
    can't seem to find anywhere where it say how to do that. Thanks in advance
    for any hints anyone can supply.

    Russ

    --
    Russ Ingram