Re: [PARPORT] HP COLORADO 8GBe problems

From: Russel Ingram (ringram@gargoylecc.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 01:07:38 EDT

    I'm using a 2.4.5 kernel with devfs so the device files are already there.
    The problem I'm having is that it seems to hit the end of the tape to
    soon. I was finally able to get a 22M backup with tar today but the tape
    should hold at the least 3.5G. I did finally figure out how to set the
    delay to 0 and found in all of the normal archival programs the option to
    set the block size. I tested with a new tape today and found that the
    drive runs right to the end of the tape and locks up then the tape never
    gets rewound and ends up working the same way with any other drive it goes
    into. Really strange.

    One more note to the rest of the list. If anyone has any pointers on
    where to find info on putting the rest of the mtops into this driver I
    would like to give it a shot. I started looking at the code today and
    have started working on getting at least retension to work but don't know
    if what I'm doing is right. I'm mostly just cutting and pasting from
    various parts of the st driver and copying what was done to put in the
    rewind mtop.

    Thanx,
    Russ