[PARPORT] ECP FIFO residue

From: Laurent Pinchart (laurent.pinchart@capflow.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 04:40:03 EDT

    Hi,

    I've been reading the parport_pc code, and I was wondering why, when
    collecting FIFO residue (when switching from reverse to forward), the
    comments state that no residue should be left in the FIFO with compliant
    peripherals.

    Why is so ? What happens when the peripheral fills the FIFO with data,
    but the caller of parport_pc_ecp_read_block_pio wants less than what the
    peripheral sent ? Shouldn't a memory buffer be filled with the residue,
    and be read with the next call to parport_pc_ecp_read_block_pio ?

    Cheers,

    Laurent Pinchart