Re: [PARPORT] HP Printers

From: Russel Ingram (ringram@gargoylecc.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 18:33:02 EDT

    On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, John Batt wrote:

    > Does anyone have a listing of the HP printers that work with Linux? I
    > tried linuxprinting.org but it keeps coming up "Unable to locate the
    > server www.linuxprinting.org". I really need to get my hands on the HP
    > list ASAP if anyone has it.
    >
    > John Batt
    > jbatt@wyoming.com

    > -- with the single word "unsubscribe" in the body of the message. --
    I don't have a specific list, but I can tell you that if you're connecting
    it to a parallel port you're pretty much assured that it can work. Making
    parallel printers work in linux is more a function of the userspace
    software than drivers and will depend on the printing tools that are
    installed by your particular distribution. I was recently looking at the
    list of HP printers that are supported by default in the latest version of
    Red Hat(7.1) and there had to be at least a couple hundred.

    Russ

    --
    Russ Ingram
    Gargoyle Computer Consulting