[PARPORT] [PPSCSI] epst driver and HP Scanjet 5300C

From: Eric Lamarque (eric.lamarque@free.fr)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 16:15:21 EDT

    Hello,

    I've just received a HP ScanJet 5300C and I try to use it under Linux.
    As 5100C and 5200C are supported, I made the asumption that 5300C must
    be supported too.

    I insert modules as described in ppscsi home page, but the epst always
    report that device is busy.

    Then I use the verbose mode and trace the problem to be the Version.
    EPSA-2 report as 0xb1, EPST report as 0xb2 and the HP 5300C seems to
    report 0x77 or 0x4f. I don't really know if that is relevant but a
    strings on
    the Windows driver show that the protocol could be EPST-3.

    Does the epst.o module support EPST-3 protocol or did somebody obtain
    the specification? Or does the HP Scanjet 5300C need some special magic
    commands? Or more likely, what's wrong with my use of linux ppscsi?

    Regards,

    Eric.