Re: [PARPORT] onscsi module hangs

From: Stephen Mollett (molletts@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 13:47:06 EDT

    > Is there a way that I can set this device so that
    > I will be able to access it NOT logged in as 'root' and without the onscsi
    > module hanging when loading?

    Have you tried creating a new group (eg. 'scanner'), giving ownership of the
    scanner device to the group (chown :scanner /dev/sg0) and setting the
    permissions to allow group read-write? Your user would
    need to be made a member of the scanner group. (I imagine RedHat must have
    tools to make all this kind of stuff easy.)

    Stephen