Re: [PARPORT] ppdev and ECP

From: Julien (julien@jls-info.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 09:51:27 EDT

    Hi,

    Thank you for your answers.

    I have read your documentation, but I have quite no experience in "system" programming under linux...

    First I do not want to negotiate the protocol, I just want to use it (PPSETMODE) because my peripheral doesnot support negociation and is in ECP by default. Is this a problem ?

    Then I am sorry to ask you that but I have not found in the doc how to enable interrupts... Or is this in another doc than the one I have (The linux 2.4 Parallel Port Subsystem) ?

    Then how can I say or read that what was transferred was data or command ?

    The output of dmesg doesnot inform me much... I'd like to have an error report like "Ack not received" or things like that which are more low level, but I guess it is not possible.

    Julien