Re: [PARPORT] ppdev and ECP

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 10:01:19 EDT

    On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 03:51:27PM +0200, Julien wrote:

    > First I do not want to negotiate the protocol, I just want to use it
    > (PPSETMODE) because my peripheral doesnot support negociation and is
    > in ECP by default. Is this a problem ?

    When you use PPNEGOT to 'negotiate' to
    IEEE1284_MODE_ECP|IEEE1284_ADDR, if you are already in
    IEEE1284_MODE_ECP it will do no actual negotiation, but will now be
    ready to do channel transfers.

    > Then I am sorry to ask you that but I have not found in the doc how
    > to enable interrupts... Or is this in another doc than the one I
    > have (The linux 2.4 Parallel Port Subsystem) ?

    Read Documentation/parport.txt. Basically 'irq=auto' on the module
    ought to do it, except if you are using a PCI card in which case
    you're out of luck for the moment.

    > Then how can I say or read that what was transferred was data or command ?

    You can't read commands.