[PARPORT] Reverse channel transfer in ECP mode

From: David Lambert (dave_lambert@fbcc.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 19:07:12 EDT

    I am still struggling with writing a user mode driver for a custom hardware
    controller. I have successfully send commands and data, but I do not seem to
    be able to read from the device. My question is how do I reverse the data
    channel for a read() operation. As the device is relatively high speed, I do
    not want to transfer byte-by-byte incurring a large context switch overhead,
    but rather let the kernel buffer data for me. Please let me know if this is
    possible or not.

    Best regards,

    David Lambert.