Re: [PARPORT] parport_pc: Device or resource busy

From: Eric And Steff Runquist (steric@ameritech.net)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 00:21:56 EDT

    Thanks for the quick reply!

    I tried your suggestion. The rmmod commands both give me
    "module is not loaded" messages. I ran the dmesg -c command,
    then insmod parport. That succeeded. However, insmod parport_pc
    gave me this:

    init_module: Device or resource busy
    Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
    including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

    After running dmesg > messages, the messages file contained this:

    WinBond Super-IO detection, now testing ports 3F0, 370, 250, 4E, 2E ...
    SMSC Super-IO detection, now testing Ports 2F0, 370 ...

    Can you tell what's going on from this output?

    Eric