Re: [PARPORT] Red Hat 6.5 and Mandrake 8.0 ECP problem

From: Ing. Giorgio Alboni (alboni@biometrika.it)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 09:31:58 EDT

    The software initialise the ECR (ECP extended control register) correctly.
    In other case the software could not work under Win ME.
    The ECP Hardware is correctly used from software. This is true because:
    under Win ME it's
    run correctly and because a symple instruction "if (0) printf ("22");"
    increse the problem under
    linux (under win ME continue to work fine).
    Other idea?

    T.I.A.
    Ing. Giorgio Alboni
    alboni@biometrika.it