Re: [PARPORT] Red Hat 6.5 and Mandrake 8.0 ECP problem

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 04:37:49 EDT

    On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 10:02:53AM +0200, Ing. Giorgio Alboni wrote:

    > I used it under a very old Red Hat distribution and it's run correctly.

    Which version, exactly?

    > Under a Red Hat 6.5 distribution or under Mandrake 8.0 it have some
    > problem.

    There isn't a Red Hat Linux 6.5. Which version do you mean?

    I expect that the difference is the 2.2 kernel vs. 2.4 kernel.

    How about if you rebuild the kernel without IEEE 1284 support? That
    will disable some boot-time parallel port chipset probes. In
    particular, it means that the kernel won't even know about the ECR.

    It sounds like you aren't initialising the ECR to the value that you
    need it to be. Is that the case?