Re: [PARPORT] Red Hat 5.2 Parallel Boot Disk

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 18:47:34 EDT

    On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 04:17:59PM -0500, Stultz, Matthew wrote:

    > Hi I'm new to Linux and have been going nuts trying to get linux to
    > load from my parallel Backpack drive and while searching for a
    > solution found you wrote a boot image. The only problem is it wont
    > download, the link seems bad. If you could please send me the file
    > or tell me where to download it I would greatly appreciate it. The
    > file is rh52pp2.img as listed by your page.

    What type of backpack drive do you have? If it is a series 6 drive
    (look on the bottom), then you will need Red Hat Linux 7.1 and these
    boot disks:

    <URL:ftp://people.redhat.com/twaugh/backpack/redhat/redhat-7.1/bpck6-boot.img>
    <URL:ftp://people.redhat.com/twaugh/backpack/redhat/redhat-7.1/bpck6-dd.img>

    (If you are new to Linux then it's probably a good idea to use a newer
    distribution anyway..)

    Which link did you try for rh52pp2.img? I don't get a lot of time to
    maintain the pages at gear.torque.net, so if it's there please tell me
    which page to look at.

    Thanks,