Re: [PARPORT] generic parallel port utility

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 05:17:49 EDT

    On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 07:17:28PM -0600, Vassili Leonov wrote:

    > 1) is there an utility that would allow, from user space, to:
    >
    > - read parallel port data register bits
    > - write parallel port data register bits
    > - read parallel port status bits
    > - toggle parallel port control bits
    > - indicate an interrupt, if it happens
    >
    > preferably using /dev/parport or something appropriate for this?

    I am currently working on (well, more so when I have some free time)
    libieee1284, which is a user-space library for doing this kind of
    stuff. If /dev/parport is available it uses it.

    <URL:http://sourceforge.net/projects/libieee1284/> has CVS only at the
    moment. I need to write a todo list and give it a better interface.

    You are more than welcome to join the effort. :-)