Re: [PARPORT] ECP mode transfers in 2.4.x kernels (latest patches)

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 03:16:40 EDT

    On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 05:44:09PM -0400, Dave Strauss wrote:

    > I'd like to make this FIFO timeout a module parameter somewhere, but
    > I'm not sure exactly where. I started to put it into parport_pc, but
    > then I ran into problems with parport_cs and the way it probes ports.

    Also there are problems with kernel-command line parsing; at the
    moment it's all done by the main parport module, and parport_pc gets
    to know about it afterwards.

    It's a _mess_, and isn't very extensible right now.

    I suppose one way of dealing with this particular problem is to get lp
    to increase the timeout on its own (using parport_set_timeout): would
    that have the desired effect, or is it the wrong timeout?