Re: [PARPORT] Re: Freecom Traveller CD-RW [Re: ioctl ??]

From: Joerg Schilling (schilling@fokus.gmd.de)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 19:01:59 EDT

    >From: Mike Yates <mike@myates.demon.co.uk>

    >Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 4 in write mode for single session.
    >Total bytes read/written: 174620672/174620672 (85264 sectors).
    >Writing time: 291.099s
    >Fixating time: 61.521s
    >cdrecord: fifo had 5329 puts and 5329 gets.
    >cdrecord: fifo was 217 times empty and 1 times full, min fill was 0%.

    >The cdrw seems to be fully readable afterwards.

    >Odd that the windows driver definately works better with ECP&EPP selected
    >that any single mode and that Joerg states a Pentium 200Mz MMX incapable of
    >4x which has so often worked for me (in Windoze).

    As you see from the statistic, 200 MHz is _exactly_ the speed thas does
    not work properly. Anything above 200 MHz will work.

    Freecom did a lot of tricks in the windows PP driver. It may be that
    if somebody works to make the Linux driver more efficient cdrecord
    will work on you machine too.

    Jörg

           js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni) If you don't have iso-8859-1
           schilling@fokus.gmd.de (work) chars I am J"org Schilling