[PARPORT] datawise disk.

From: Mark Howard (mh344@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 11:34:02 EST

    Hi,
    I've just acquired a quickdrive box, similar to the ones at
    www.datawise-online.com. This chip in it says it is a shuttle epat plus
    635d. I have been unable to get this to work (using linux kernel
    2.4.12). No errors are produced, but whenever I use fdisk on /dev/pda,
    it always comes up with random rubbish. editing this does not help. I
    have not been able to mount the disk either. When the driver prints the
    disk information, it gets it wrong (randomly) - Mazto0 instead of
    Maxtor, etc.

    If anyone can help me with this, I would be most grateful.

    Mark Howard
    mh344 at hermes.cam.ac.uk