[PARPORT] ppSCSI, HP Scanner - system hang

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert (gilbertd@treblig.org)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 12:51:21 EST

    Hi,
      I wondered if anyone had successfully ran an HP Parallel port scanner
    (5100C) on 2.4.14 with the ppSCSI patches?

      It detects the scanner and starts making scanning noises and then the
    machine hangs solid. I have had the combination working some years ago
    on much earlier kernels.

      I beleive the ppSCSI patches are unmaintained so I'll have to do some
    digging if anyone else hasn't done so already.

    Any success/similar failure reports would be welcome for comparison.

    Thanks,

    Dave

     ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
    / Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
    \ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM, SPARC and HP-PA | In Hex /