Re: [PARPORT] ppSCSI, HP Scanner - system hang

From: Steven W. Brenneis (sbrenneis@naxs.net)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 14:23:27 EST

    "Dr. David Alan Gilbert" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I wondered if anyone had successfully ran an HP Parallel port scanner
    > (5100C) on 2.4.14 with the ppSCSI patches?
    >
    > It detects the scanner and starts making scanning noises and then the
    > machine hangs solid. I have had the combination working some years ago
    > on much earlier kernels.
    >
    > I beleive the ppSCSI patches are unmaintained so I'll have to do some
    > digging if anyone else hasn't done so already.
    >
    > Any success/similar failure reports would be welcome for comparison.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dave
    >

    > ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
    > / Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
    > \ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM, SPARC and HP-PA | In Hex /

    > -- with the single word "unsubscribe" in the body of the message. --

    David,

    I have run the HP 3200C scanner on the 2.4.14 kernel without any patches
    applied. I noticed in the change log for that kernel that the ppSCSI
    modules had been built into it already. I know the 3200C is just a
    re-badged UltraMax so my results might be different than yours.

    Hope this helps.

    Steve Brenneis