Re: [PARPORT] ppSCSI, HP Scanner - system hang

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert (gilbertd@treblig.org)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 15:41:04 EST

    > "Dr. David Alan Gilbert" wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    > I wondered if anyone had successfully ran an HP Parallel port scanner
    > (5100C) on 2.4.14 with the ppSCSI patches?
    >
    > It detects the scanner and starts making scanning noises and then the
    > machine hangs solid. I have had the combination working some years ago
    > on much earlier kernels.

    Apparently there is a known issue on 2.4.14 with scsi-generic causing
    hangs so chances are this is the problem.

    Dave
     ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
    / Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
    \ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM, SPARC and HP-PA | In Hex /