[PARPORT] scanner ppscsi/onscsi

From: Eric Fallon (falloe@rpi.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 14:04:48 EST

    OS: RedHat 7.1 Kernel version 2.4.2

    Scanner: Microtek E3+ (parport)

    Bios: Parport Enabled -> EPP mode

    I have patched the ppSCSI patch and recompiled the kernel. Here are the
    following command I initiate.

    # insmod scsi_mod
    # insmod sg
    # insmod parport
    # insmod parport_pc
    # insmod ppscsi
    # insmod onscsi

    Problem:
    Upon running the command insmod onscsi, the ready light on the scanner will
    flicker and then turn off after a few seconds. Xsane or scanimage will then
    refuse to recognize the device. I have used this patch last year and never
    came across this type of behavior. If anyone knows what might be producing
    this or what is happening please let me know. I have tried multiple builds of
    the kernel and all produce the same result. Thanks, -eric

    Debug Information:

    # cat /proc/scsi/scsi
    Attached devices: none

    # cat /proc/scsi/onscsi/0