Re: [PARPORT] EPP transfer mode

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 14:08:59 EST

    On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 02:55:04PM +0100, Scholz Maik (CM-CR/EES3) * wrote:

    > I have a small program with is reading bytes out of our hardware
    > in the EPP data cycle mode.
    > Out hardware uses the "Interrupt" line for signalling that data available.
    > Is there a possibility to block the read during the "Interrupt" - line is
    > low?

    Is your 'small program' a user-space application? It sounds like it
    (rather than a kernel module, for instance). If so, is it using inb
    and outb directly, or using ppdev (or libieee1284)?

    To get interrupt notifications you either need to be writing a kernel
    module or using ppdev (with or without libieee1284).