Re: [PARPORT] Changing EPP mode 2 to mode 5

From: Stephen Mollett (molletts@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 14:27:45 EST

    A shot in the dark is called for, I think...

    > parport0 (addr 1): Printer, Canon BJC-1000
    > parport0 (addr 2): Printer, Canon BJC-1000
    > parport0 (addr 3): Printer, Canon BJC-1000
    > parport0: Printer, Canon BJC-1000

    I'm sure I've seen something similar to this somewhere before, but I can't
    seem to find it.

    Out of interest, what happens if you disconnect the printer? It's a long shot
    but maybe it's interfering in some way... (I used to have occasional data
    corruption problems when I had a printer (Epson Stylus Color 600)
    daisychained off the back of my EPAT-based SyQuest EZ230 removable drive.
    Since I bought a USB-to-Parallel printer cable about 18 months ago and thus
    moved the printer to a USB port, the SyQuest has worked perfectly.)

    Stephen