[PARPORT] Freecom

From: Glyn (glyn.kennington@hertford.oxford.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 07:50:59 EST

    Hello, I'm new to this list. I've successfully used the parport modules
    to operate a Syquest SparQ, but I'd like some advice on Freecom CD-RW
    support.

    After looking through the archives of this list, I don't think I have a
    complete picture on which drives are supported. I'm considering buying
    either the ``Drive In'' adapter (and appropriate cheap internal IDE
    drive), or a Portable II. Has anyone had success with either of these
    models?

    If so, will they work with the 2.2.x kernels (given that 2.4 seems to
    hate my motherboard)?

    And (though this isn't so important) is it possible to daisy-chain one
    of these devices with a SparQ?

    Thanks for your time

    Glyn

    --
    glyn.kennington@hertford.ox.ac.uk

    Her covering travelling career She can really move, Oh velveteen