[PARPORT] pp access problem

From: czunyi (jacz@iname.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 23:20:36 EST

    Hi

    I a linux newbie and have little or no technical knowledge.

    I am using a canoscan FB 630P on my parallel port under Mandrake 8.0.

    It is working using Simon Krix's program - but only as root.

    The problem is that often the parallel port is "not found"

    Initially I rebooted the machine every time this happened but I have
    subsequently found that running "Harddrake" allows the port to be
    accessed again. I suspect this is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

    Is there anything simpler I can do to get rid of the problem or get
    around the problem

    --
    Salaams from JAC