Re: [PARPORT] searching example for ppdev and interupt

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 10:25:50 EST

    On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 04:19:22PM +0100, norman wrote:

    > > of working on other POSIX platforms, slightly better interface,
    > > slightly better documentation.
    > cant find any documentation in the tarball ;)

    Perhaps you didn't look in the 'doc' directoyr. ;-) Some pre-made HTML
    format documentation (made from 'inteface.xml') is at
    <http://cyberelk.net/tim/libieee1284/>. The RPM even comes with man
    pages.

    > to my interupt-problem. ive the following pice of code. when i start
    > the program and trigger the ack line (pin 10) (shortcut pin 10 with ground),
    > the syslog says: spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7.
    > but my program didnt prints out printf("Got an INT\n");
    > do you know what iam making wrong ?

    > for (;;) {
    > fd_set rfds;
    > FD_ZERO (&rfds);
    > FD_SET (fd, &rfds);
    > if (!select (fd + 1, &rfds, NULL, NULL, NULL))
    > printf("Got an INT\n");

    That wants to be:

    if (select (fd + 1, &rfds, NULL, NULL, NULL))
      printf("Got an INT\n");

    (Also, previous I'd said that 'exception' is marked on the fd; I think
    it's actually 'readable' instead, as the code example suggests.)