Re-2: [PARPORT] Parallel Port Mode switching via normal C-code possible??

From: sven.luebke@auerswald.de
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 07:33:28 EST

    -------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Re: [PARPORT] Parallel Port Mode switching via normal C-code possible?? (08-Mrz-2002 13:19)
    From: bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
    To: sven.luebke@auerswald.de

    > sven> Hi!! I have to reconfigure the parallel port mode (ECP, EPP,
    > sven> Standard etc.) via normal C code AND NOT via BIOS. I know, that
    > sven> this is not a clean way, but it's the only one :-). Could you
    > tell
    > sven> me, to which address I have to write which value, if I want to
    > sven> switch between EPP, ECP and standard mode?! Is this possible at
    > sven> all?? Thanx for your help...
    >
    > The mode of the parallel port on normal motherboards is controlled by the
    > Super-I/O Chip. There are a lot of Super-I/O chips on the market, and all
    > differ. So you would need a kernel module which would change the mode
    > triggered by some ioctrl. I don't know of an effort in Linux do make this
    > level accessible.

    Sorry, it's not for a Linux driver. Just MS-DOS environment...
    I know, I'm in the wrong mailinglist, but I didn't find a MS-DOS parallel
    port "discussion board"...

    > In the 2.0 kernel time frame I wrote a "smcio.c" module, which allowed me
    > do so on a motheboard with a FDC37C66[56] chip. I can send you the code on
    > request.

    Well, as you said, every chip needs his own specific code, your code
    is really only for this chipset? Or did you test it with some other
    chipsets?

    > sven> Sven Lübke <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
    >
    > Please, no html in mail.

    Oh, sorry, I didn't check this. Hopefully removed it!?

    Thanx for your help...

    Bye,

    Sven

    To: bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de