[PARPORT] parallel port read/write

From: Harikrishna Charan (HarikrishnaC@indchem.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 03:31:03 EST

    Hi,

       I want some info regarding the parallel port read/write. I want to
    read the status of the printer connected to the parallel port.
    How to find out what is the base address of the parallel port to which
    the printer is connected in linux. I tried to read the status of the
    printer by giving the base address as 0x378. I am getting the status of
    the printer as D8 whether there is paper in the printer tray or not.

    I want to send the file in .ps format. how do i go about it

    thanks

    charan

    A. Harikrishna Charan
    Indchem Software Technologies Limited,
    37, Sterling Road,
    Nungambakkam,
    Chennai - 600034
    Phone: 8203663 / 8200042 Extension No. 3051
    mailto:harikrishnac@indchem.com