[PARPORT] parallel port read/write

From: Harikrishna Charan (HarikrishnaC@indchem.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 23:59:56 EST

    Hi,

       I want some info regarding the parallel port read/write. I want to
    read the status of the printer connected to the parallel port.
    Firstly, how to find out what is the base address of the parallel port
    to which the printer is connected. I tried by giving the base address as
    0x378. i am getting the status of the printer as D8 when there is paper
    or no paper in the printer tray.

    I want to send the file in .ps format. how do i go about it

    thanks

    charan

    A. Harikrishna Charan
    Indchem Software Technologies Limited,
    37, Sterling Road,
    Nungambakkam,
    Chennai - 600034
    Phone: 8203663 / 8200042 Extension No. 3051
    mailto:harikrishnac@indchem.com