Re: [PARPORT] 2.4.19-pre8, parport, DMA write timed out

From: Norbert Schmidt (ns@1en.de)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 07:12:31 EDT

    On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Tim Waugh wrote:

    > > No output on /dev/lp0, on both Ultra10 and Enterprise250:
    > > DMA write timed out
    >
    > The parport_pc DMA support is known to be buggy. Turn that off for a
    > start.

    Unfortunately this does not work! I tried to set io, irq or dma ->

    and
    module was not loaded at all,

    or
    was loaded with same message in the logs and same problem happened!!

    (reading seems to work because of the name of the printer...see 1st mail)

    If I can work at my sparcs again (a dentist wasn't my friend today) you
    can have more details (logs).

    Hope someone can give some help about sparcs (I can make some further
    tests).

    norbert