[PARPORT] Problem with LP

From: Edisson Campos Braga Junior (e.braga@cinq.com.br)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 14:03:07 EDT

    Hello All,

    I´m developing a library for a specifc printer and I´ve used the ppdev driver. However, this printer will be used in a computer with kernel 2.2.17. I tried to change de driver to LP, but this driver presented a problem: when I write something in the port with the printer OFF, the program stay locked until I turn the printer ON.

    Thus anyone know if there is some way to set the timeout with the LP driver and if it will solve this problem? There is a patch to correct this? There is some patch to install the PPDEV in the kernel 2.2.17?

    Thanks,
    Edisson