[PARPORT] ECP printing problem

From: Z F (mail4me9999@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 13:06:10 EDT

    Hello Everybody,

    I have the following problem with printing in ECP
    parallel port and was hoping that someone might be
    able to help me to resolve it.

    When I set ECP port in BIOS and compile the kernel
    (2.4.18-5) to use FIFO/PIO printing does not work.
    Well, actually, the printer prints text files, but
    skips some characters. If I use dma=none to switch
    to PIO mode, I get the same result. However, if I
    switch in BIOS to EPP port, the printing works fine.

    I also have a parallel port SuperDisk drive, which
    works if ECP is selected in BIOS.
    If SuperDisk uses ECP protocol, I would definitely
    like to make printing possible in ECP mode, if not,
    I am ready switch to EPP in BIOS and that is all.

    Thank you very much

    Lazar