Re: [PARPORT] libieee1284 and ieee1284_*_read_data not working

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 18:27:27 EDT

    On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 01:58:29PM -0700, Mike Panetta wrote:

    > I have hooked a scope up to the lines, and I can see my writes go
    > out, and I can see the ctrl lines twiddle when I try to read, but
    > the read function always returns like it read 0 bytes.

    Some people have reported that they need to enable software-emulated
    transfers for reads to work, although others have reported
    hardware-assisted reads to be working for them. Try the F1284_SWE
    flag.

    You might also want to try setting the LIBIEEE1284_DEBUG environment
    variable to enable some debugging output from the library, if you
    haven't already tried that.

    There is a dedicated mailing list for libieee1284 hosted at
    sourceforge.net, incidentally.