[PARPORT] c program

From: Henning, Brian (brian.henning@navitaire.com)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 10:32:20 EDT

    Hello-
    i am looking to create a device with 8 LEDs that will be connected to my
    pc's parallel port. all i want to do with this device is toggle these LEDs
    based on the bit sent from a program running on my machine. I am trying to
    get some ideas on what settings to use for my parallel port: SPP, EPP, ECP?
    What c library would i need to include to write a program to interface with
    this device? Would be easier to buy a kit to do this? which one would be
    good?
    thanks,
    brian