[PARPORT] allowing select( ) on a device

From: Lucas Correia Villa Real (lucasvr@terra.com.br)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 23:20:11 EDT

    Hi,

    I'm playing around with a driver, but I would like to let applications
    based on that device hold on with a select() until some data come to the
    parport.
    All I found about implementing this was looking at drivers/char/ppdev.c,
    but I find myself a little confused: to do that, I just need to add a IRQ
    handler on parport_register_device() that write_control() and
    wake_up_interruptible()? Why is there an atomic_inc()? What about
    irqresponse?

    Thanks in advance,
    Lucas