[PARPORT] Parallel port interrupt & polling

From: veeren (veeren@multitech.co.in)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 13:54:21 EDT

    Hi,
     In Pc's parallel port's status register the signal S6(nAck)
    which will trigger an interrupt at rising edge,
    Provided if enabled interrupt.

    Now my question is, How this interrupt is organised in Linux?.
    If there is no IRQ for this parallel port . and how the interrupt
    poling happens?.( is it poling this S6 bit?)
    I am writing a parallel port driver for some application, where
    the receiving target can generate a Pulse when ever it receives a
    byte. Now PC has to respond to that nAck pulse.

    Thanks in advance.
    veeru.