[PARPORT] Toshiba 2595xDVD lp0: no such device

From: Thomas Bodine (bo_dance@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 10:11:36 EDT

    I have a toshiba 2595 xDVD .

    I have the parallel port drivers loaded
    lt_serial 17184 2 (autoclean)
    lt_modem 316224 0 (autoclean)
    [lt_serial]
    parport_pc 7360 0 (autoclean)
    parport_probe 3392 0
    parport 7328 0 [parport_pc
    parport_probe]

    When it loaded the parport_probe indicated that I have
    a hp deskjet printer.

    Yet when I try to use the printer I get these
    diagnostics:

    1:~# cat /etc/motd > /dev/lp0
    su: /dev/lp0: No such device
    1:~# cat /etc/motd > /dev/lp1
    su: /dev/lp1: No such device
    1:~# cat /etc/motd > /dev/lp2
    su: /dev/lp2: No such device

    So what do I need to do to get the /dev/lp? devices
    connected to the printer?

    =====