[PARPORT] libieee1284 -> reading ecp data

From: Juergen Voelkel (voe3@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 03:57:07 EDT

    hi,
    my peripheral device supports only ecp, hence negotioation fails (or the
    device isn't 1284-compliant - don't know). is a successful negotiation
    necessary for a proper operation of ieee1284_ecp_read_data?

    if so, do I have to switch to ieee1284_ecp_fwd_to_rev before? it returns
    'not implemented'. documentation speaks of possible limitations of this
    version (API 3).

    what is the difference between ECP and software implemented ECPSWE?

    thanks,
    Juergen