[PARPORT] HP printer and 2595xDVD

From: Thomas Bodine (bo_dance@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 15:19:25 EST

    I traced through both the parport code and the lp code
    to discover that when I send characters to the
    parallel port with

    echo 123 > /dev/lp0

    The portion of the code that contains the
    outp( p,c) code gets executed.

    I can't seem to get the printer to print. I installed
    windows XP on the same system, from that O/S I can
    print a test page. When I use the lprngtool to print a
    test page, I get no output however.

    Where can I get a breakout box that could show me if
    the control lines are actually changing?

    Anyone have any other suggestions. It is clearly a
    software problem.

    =====