[PARPORT] inw(...); inb(...);

From: Pawel Stochlinski (int01h@sentinel.mj12.eu.org)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 07:50:57 EST

    Hello everyone.
    I have a small answer for you all.
    When i connect a device (ds1820) to the pin 11(busy) on lpt port, and i do
    outb(3,BASEPORT) - as a inb(STATUS_PORT) i got 255, which means that the
    device is connected and responsed ( am i right? ), ok, but i cant imagine
    how can i read a 9 bytes from pin 11, can someone help me please? this is
    the cut of my code:
    [cut]
    ioperm(BASEPORT,3,1);
    outb(3,BASEPORT);usleep(300);
    x=inb(STATUS);
    printf("%d\n",x);
    [cut]

    "Ulubiency bogow umieraja mlodo ale pozniej zyja wiecznie w ich
    towarzystwie" [Fryderyk Nietzsche]
    __
    Pawel Stochlinski (int01h)
    Linux registered user: #246375
    (http://sentinel.mj12.eu.org||http://ipe.ath.cx)
    -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)

    owGbwMvMwCS46Lmlj0renf2MawSTuPSKM9PzEktKi1JtmS894uqwZ2ZlALFgigSZ
    1BoZ5gfNr/iXLPy+r3f/lXk7Zdqar1ebVDAsuOU9S+e8yUeby+tYdr/1PL2nliF+
    CgA=
    =lIWg